Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Wera screwdriver sets?

On 27/12/2018 10:49, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 08:25:27 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

It seems a 'good' Philips No1 fits these screws, as can some Philips
No0 drivers, but not all.

Lookout for Japanese JIS screwdrivers,

Ok.

though I have a set that goes
down from Philips1 to Phillips000 and never found anything in a laptop
it can't tackle

No, quite, I have always managed but felt there might be a better
solution (hence the reference to my intended use in the question).

In many cases the Xhead driver on my Leatherman will remove the base
screws on a laptop with no damage [1] (as it seem to have a fairly
fine tip) but not always (nor is it particularly fast / nice to use as
the screwdriver is offset from the centre).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Can we assume all laptops are made in the Far East and therefore
would use JIS head screws? I ask as I believe I have had varying
results with different (apparent) makes of laptop?

[1] Ideally you wouldn't be able to tell that the laptop had been
apart because there would be no sign of use on the screw heads (even
if they were tight).

You'll possibly find this of interest:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Whe...ot-a-Phillips/