Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Wera screwdriver sets?

Hi all,

I've seen mention here of 'Wera' screwdrivers and saw a set at
Homebase whilst looking for a good fit screwdriver for some laptop
screws the other day.

It seems a 'good' Philips No1 fits these screws, as can some Philips
No0 drivers, but not all.

My test being does the screw stay on the tip of the driver when it's
held near horizontal (non-magnetic).

As a starting point, this Wera KK60 set I saw only goes down to a Ph
No1 but I don't know if the tip of that would be small enough to fit
these laptop screws and so wondered if they did a smaller (sized tip)
set for finer work and if so what (do the panel recommend) and do they
typically fit nicely in these screws please (so likely you would have
to have used them on a laptop to know)?

(I would be happy to have a range of other tips in similarly small
sizes if they were likely to be good and last etc).

Cheers, T i m