Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default PVC or Vinyl Material to Make Lifting Bag: Source?

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 1:03:19 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I want to make something like this: http://tinyurl.com/yd9nkaj3
to perform the same function as this: http://tinyurl.com/y6u8apg2

I'm thinking it's the same stuff used to make things like the
children's "Bounce House" - which I've seen firsthand
and which seems pretty close to indestructible.

But I have no clue where to even start looking for the material and glue.

Can anybody shed some light?

.
.
.

One might ask "Why not buy the real thing"...

I think the real thing is grossly over-priced and under-spec'd.

To wit:

- The compressor seems to work from a lead-acid battery, which is
problematic shelf-life-wise to say the least - and lithium
battery compressors are readily available for 1/5 the price.

- There's a battery eliminator available - which looks to me
like just a 45-60 watt power source (no more than thirty bucks)
and they want $200 for it.

- For the little wall wart that charges the battery - which looks
like your basic 12v 2-3 amp computer equipment power supply
that retails for $5-10 max they're asking $50 - which gives me
another reference point as to their idea of pricing.

--
Pete Cresswell

How about looking for just the bag part, instead of the whole system?
You can probably inflate it with a cheap, small air compressor like sold
to pump up a tire. Fabricating a bag, including attaching air fittings,
I think is going to be problematic.