Posted to alt.home.repair
shadow, me & my shadow, me & my is offline

Default shared well mess

Get your own well, cut off his electric and be done...WTF??

"backstrapassassin" m
wrote in message ...
: OK I've got a situation that is along these lines but worse, my family
moved
: into a house neighboring a man I've known my whole life. It's a shared
well
: the person I bought it from sold the man I've known land to build his
house
: and split a line over to his house for water. And the land that was sold
: him is were the well head is, so years later my family buys the house and
: here's the situation the well head is on his land the pressure tank is
in my
: crawl ( 4ft tall ) space electric to the pump is on my house meter. When
we
: moved in an old man and old woman, and he would bring a few cows up from
: lower field once or twice a year to finish them didn't use to much water .
He
: told me when we moved in that the old guy I bought from took 100 a year
for
: water usage, I thought kinda low but two old people and a few cows OK
that's
: cool. Fast forward two years his wife dies he's there alone still no big
deal
: on water we've lived there going on ten years now so around year 7 he
: remarried to a lady that farms goats for milk so know they have 100 goats
: (milk goats ) he raises pigs 6 to 10 at a time he's go chickens turkeys
ducks
: pretty much all live stock but horses and he still pays 100 a year. I'll
note
: over the years any problems have been split 50 50.
: A few months ago I get a electric bill that's 357. I'm like wtf, so I go
: the crawl space and sure enough the pump is short cycling. So I track the
: leak back to the shutoff value at the well head. But before I found that
: went to his house to find water standing by his barn I said that must be
the
: leak that made my electric bill triple. He says no that's been a slow
leak
: sense November the year prior. I'm like wtf we will call him Carlos. He
said
: it doesn't leak enough to cycle that pump like that and I said but Carlos
: every bit of cycle time runs off my house it all matters to me.his wife
comes
: out and I said hey how about we put the pump on its own meter because you
guys
: have a full blow farm running now and I can't tell were I'm at as far as
: efficiency, BTW my family has installed the most efficient appliances
when
: we have to replace anything over the years. He said no cost $30 a month
alone
: just for the meter I said I'll gladly split at least I'll know where I'm
: standing and I also said I'll split the $15 a month for my part of the
meter
: and I'll pay you $100 a year for the next 9 years and his wife laughed at
me
: looked at me like I was crazy when I said that anyway it's Christmas time
now
: 2018 and I think I'm going to go over and discuss this again with him
since
: another years past what are you guys think jacked-up situation huh
:
: --
: for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1183316-.htm