Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default shared well mess

On 12/22/18 10:14 AM, backstrapassassin wrote:
OK I've got a situation thatÂ* is along these lines but worse,Â* my family
moved
into a house neighboring a man I've known my whole life. It's a shared well
the person I bought it from sold the man I've knownÂ* land to build his
house
and split a line over to his house for water. And the land that was sold to
him is were the well head is, so years later my family buys the house and
here's the situationÂ* the well head is on his land the pressureÂ* tank is
in my
crawlÂ* ( 4ft tall ) spaceÂ* electric to the pump is on my house meter.
When we
moved inÂ* an old man and old woman, and he would bring a few cows up from a
lower field once or twice a year to finish them didn't use to much water
. He
told me when we moved in that the old guy I bought from took 100 a year for
water usage, I thought kinda low but two old people and a few cows OK
that's
cool. Fast forward two years his wife dies he's there alone still no big
deal
on water we've lived there going on ten years now so around year 7 he
remarried to a lady that farms goats for milk so know they have 100 goats
(milk goats ) he raises pigs 6 to 10 at a time he's go chickens turkeys
ducks
pretty much all live stock but horses and he still pays 100 a year. I'll
note
over the years any problemsÂ* have been split 50 50. A few months ago I
get a electricÂ* bill that's 357. I'm like wtf, so I go to
the crawl space and sure enough the pump is short cycling.Â* So I track the
leak back to the shutoff valueÂ* at the wellÂ* head. But before I found
that I
went to his house to find water standing by his barn I said that must be
the
leak that made my electric bill triple.Â* He says no that's been a slow leak
sense November the year prior. I'm like wtfÂ* we will call him Carlos.
He said
it doesn't leak enough to cycle that pump like that and I said but Carlos
every bit of cycle time runs off my house it all matters to me.his wife
comes
out and I said hey how about we put the pump on its own meter because
you guys
have a full blow farm running now and I can't tell were I'm at as far as
efficiency,Â* BTW my family has installed the most efficientÂ* appliances
when
we have to replace anything over the years. He said no cost $30 a month
alone
just for the meter I said I'll gladly split at least I'll know where I'm
standing and I also said I'll split the $15 a month for my part of the
meter
and I'll pay you $100 a year for the next 9 years and his wife laughed
at me
looked at me like I was crazy when I said that anyway it's Christmas
time now
2018 and I think I'm going to go over and discuss this again with him since
another years past what are you guys think jacked-up situation huh

"Return/Enter" key missing on your keyboard?

--
I don't lock my door at night because I hate the people outside. I do it
because I love the people inside.