Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 20/12/2018 20:49, Martin Brown wrote:

TalkTalk is best avoided unless you are a masochist.

I use TalkTalk. The service is good and the people are nice.

They must have improved *a lot* since I was with them. Regular loss of
broadband. 3 times or more a year. Taking days to sort.

You were lucky - a friend was without landline or broadband for nearly
three months with them. Admittedly he was on a long rural connection but
their customer "service" was worse than abysmal and the compensation
derisary. He is now on the micrwave link broadband and no landline.

And sent me emails saying they couldn't contact me by email. And replied
to my emails querying that. Then sent more of the same. I gave up banging
my head against their wall.

Their habit of sending emails to someone with a defunct landline and
waiting for a reply before acting seems endemic

--
Regards,
Martin Brown