Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

John Rumm explained on 22/12/2018 :
Having been a customer since close to their inception, I would say support is
not as good as it was at their best. However to call it "dire" is not a
something the majority of customers would recognise.

No doubt for *some* customers the service is dire, although I expect that
will be true for any ISP. (either because mistakes get made and you are
unlucky enough for them to affect you, or *you* are part of the problem and
would have problems with any ISP!)

On the very few occasions I have needed to ring them, I have had
brilliant accurate service, from English support staff whom I could
understand and they could understand me. No of the usual run around.

Billing and account
management seems particularly badly run. This degradation in what
used to be a well regarded supplier seems to date from the BT
takeover.

Well to pick the highlights from the 2018 ISP review:

The only problem is the wait time to get through has gradually
increased. I don't mind waiting patiently, if at least any issue gets
solved when I do get through. Much better than getting the run around
and no solution.