Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

In article , lid
says...

sigh. We were specifically talking about ADSL

not cable/fttp/fttc/vdsl etc etc

No, the OP only asked about broadband internet in
Lincolnshire. No specific delivery method [1] stated although
it is probable that his existing Kingston service is cable.

[1]"I am moving out of the clutches of Hull's KCOM and into BT
land in Lincs and was wondering what was on offer for a basic
phone line/internet package up to 100MB per month - I
currently pay £50 pm to KCOM."

I can't see the magic letters ADSL there, can you?

Nop but I see the magic letters BT there.

BT does NOT do cable

From there the conversation established that ADSL was sufficient for
his needs

His actual words were BTland - i.e. not KCOM land - not
specifically to BT itself and, as all KCOM packages have
anlimited usage sllowance I assumed that by 100MB he means
100Mbs which coupled to his £50 monthly bill would seem, to
me, to point to fibre.

--

Terry

---