Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Nissan door problems

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:54:43 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Fri 21 Dec 2018 04:57:41p, micky told us...

In alt.home.repair, on 21 Dec 2018 17:02:52 GMT, KenK
wrote:

Thomas wrote in
:

Press the open button on the fob.

That works. But I hate to rely on the fob to get in all the time.
No backup anymore, which the fob was. fob battery?

Carry a spare battery. They last a couple years, and iirc often
give warning that they are gettin weak, but carry one anyhow.

Most times i get one door open with the fob. The pass side has
no keyhole. Xterra.

If it is cold, heat the key with a bic.

Doesn't get very cold. Rarely a degree or two below freezing.
Problems occuring in 70s.

I can barely remember how my car worked then. '67 Pontiac.

There are no keyholes in any of our doors of our 2017 Honda Accord,
including the driver's door. You don't even have to push a button on
the fob to unlock the doors as long as it's within 1-1/2 to 2 feet
from the car. We each carry a fob, either in pocket or in a handbag.
The two fobs are unique, in that they are individually programmed and
in addition to unlocking the doors and the trunk, each fob will
adjust many features such as positioning the driver's seat. There is
also a remote start button on the fob that works within 500 feet from
the vehicle. All very handy.

The only button on the driver's door handle and the front passenger's
door handle is there to lock all the doors. It signals with a beep
and flashing light.

What do you do if the car battery goes dead?