Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

On 22/12/2018 13:03, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/12/2018 19:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright explained :
I use TalkTalk. The service is good and the people are nice.

That was not my experience a few years ago. Indian call centres, where
the staff struggled to speak and understand English, plus just reading
from a script of fixes. You were sent around around the same loop,
every time you rang to progress the same issue and extremely difficult
to get through to anyone competent. Email server (even now) is
regularly inaccessible. They blocked newsgroup access for months.

If it all works without issue, it is fine, but God help you if you
have an issue...

The last straw was TT getting hacked and having all my details out in
the open for all to see.

The irony there is that I get spam/scam calls claiming to be "from
Talktalk your ISP"... and I have never even been a customer!

Well I get tonnes of calls claiming to be BT telling me to click on the
windows logo on my windows PC

Mark Twain