Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

On 22/12/2018 11:36, mechanic wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:48:49 +0000, Bill wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes
I understand that Plusnet is actually owned by BT. I have been very
happy with their service over number of years, though of late they have
messed up their billing system, though that now seems sorted.

I'm also happy with Plusnet, and I know of several others round here
with them, all happy, as well. Their rebadged BT router denies you the
option of a local network in the 10.x.x.x range caused a bit of hassle
here, though.

Yes the supplied PlusNet router is rubbish, and before anyone signs
up for a new PlusNet account, take a look at their forums,
particularly the feedback one, for a fair view on current customer
service. 'Dire' would be putting a gloss on it.

Having been a customer since close to their inception, I would say
support is not as good as it was at their best. However to call it
"dire" is not a something the majority of customers would recognise.

No doubt for *some* customers the service is dire, although I expect
that will be true for any ISP. (either because mistakes get made and you
are unlucky enough for them to affect you, or *you* are part of the
problem and would have problems with any ISP!)

Billing and account
management seems particularly badly run. This degradation in what
used to be a well regarded supplier seems to date from the BT
takeover.

Well to pick the highlights from the 2018 ISP review:

Broadband
* Plusnet had the highest customer satisfaction (86%)
* TalkTalk had the lowest customer satisfaction (72%)
* TalkTalk had the highest proportion of customers with a reason to
complain (18%)
* Plusnet had the lowest proportion of customers with a reason to
complain (13%)
* Plusnet had the longest call waiting times (7:50 mins)
* EE had the shortest call waiting times (48 seconds)

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...y-quality.html

(alas these only compare the larger suppliers)

--
Cheers,

John.