Posted to uk.d-i-y
mechanic mechanic is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 10:48:49 +0000, Bill wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes
I understand that Plusnet is actually owned by BT. I have been very
happy with their service over number of years, though of late they have
messed up their billing system, though that now seems sorted.

I'm also happy with Plusnet, and I know of several others round here
with them, all happy, as well. Their rebadged BT router denies you the
option of a local network in the 10.x.x.x range caused a bit of hassle
here, though.

Yes the supplied PlusNet router is rubbish, and before anyone signs
up for a new PlusNet account, take a look at their forums,
particularly the feedback one, for a fair view on current customer
service. 'Dire' would be putting a gloss on it. Billing and account
management seems particularly badly run. This degradation in what
used to be a well regarded supplier seems to date from the BT
takeover.