Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

In article ,
Chris Bartram wrote:
To the OP: consider plusnet or A&A if you don't mind paying for good
service.

I've been with BT for some 5 years now. Wouldn't know about their service
- never needed it. That's how I prefer things.

Its going to depend a bit on where you live as well. In a fairly densely
packed town, the wiring etc may well be quite reliable, so its less
likely you will need to get faults fixed. If you live out in the sticks
on long cable runs, then its a matter of "how often" and not "if" when
it comes to fixes.

I run two connections on two separate (very long 6km) lines, and expect
to have at least one fault a year on one or other. Fortunately I have
only lost both at the same time once in the last 10 years.

--
Cheers,

John.