Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Nissan door problems

wrote in news:apon1epfkq8skmelal7k6ku85m2s0b23j0@
4ax.com:

On 20 Dec 2018 17:21:07 GMT, KenK wrote:

KenK wrote in
:

I'm having occasional problems turning the key in my drivers 2012
Nissan (30K miles) door, the only one with a lock. Took it to
locksmith, they either don't work on cars or want me to remove handle
and bring it in. How do I drive it there with no latch on driver's
door - no second vehicle?
Tried graphite. May have helped but planning ahead. Hate to take it

Nissan. $$$
Any suggestions?
TIA

Forgot to mention. I have a brand new key also that I have not been
using. Just keep it in the glove department for emergencies. It has the
same problem.

Good to know.
Are we to assume that it does not have power locks ?
therefore a Sentra or Versa ?

Versa.

.. and that the key is not chipped for security?
What is the locksmith going to do exactly ?
... call Nissan and order a cylinder & keys and bill you
for his labour and their parts ?

Haven't gotten that far. Your guess is probably correct.

Curious and curiouser ..
John T.