Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

On 21/12/2018 08:13, wrote:
On Friday, 21 December 2018 05:30:54 UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Bear in mind that BT is in the numbers game. If you have issues you
will simply be fobbed off onto an Indian call center where someowne
will read te numpty scriopt for you to follow.

If you shout "complaints" at the BT interactive voice response thing,
it puts you through to micely-spoken people somewhere in southern
England, with the brain cells and inclination to sort things out.

I got so many nuisance phone calls on TalkTalk, either they had a
data breach ... oh hang on, they did have a data breach ... or their
number range was targeted; then I tried Sky but their router doesn't
play nicely with VoIP; and now I'm on EE which so far seems to work
without issues.

You don't generally have to use the supplied router with any ISP
(although a few try to make it hard to get the information you need to
setup your own (yes Sky I am talking about you!)

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |