Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

In message , Broadback
writes
I understand that Plusnet is actually owned by BT. I have been very
happy with their service over number of years, though of late they have
messed up their billing system, though that now seems sorted.

I'm also happy with Plusnet, and I know of several others round here
with them, all happy, as well. Their rebadged BT router denies you the
option of a local network in the 10.x.x.x range caused a bit of hassle
here, though.

I have a good friend who has been with at least 5 ISP's over the last
few years, and I've had to try to help him out a few times with visits
where I had to take over the support calls.
The dire ones were Talktalk and Onetel. I forget which one of those it
was that said " Oh where it says underscore in the username in the
letter we sent you, it should be a dot", but both were awful. He had
problems with Sky, I think mainly with accounts and increasing charges.
He is currently with Virgin on fibre, which works well and has been
reliable. The fibre drop across his front lawn was a bit of a gruelling
bodge job, though
--
Bill

---