Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is the best phone/net package in BT land?

On 20/12/2018 20:49, Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/12/2018 20:40, wrote:
I am moving out of the clutches of Hull's KCOM and into BT land in
Lincs and was wondering what was on offer for a basic phone
line/internet package up to 100MB per month - I currently pay £50 pm
to KCOM.

TIA.

Try
https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/co...ls_and_offers/

But check the ISP website(s) for better deals.
IME Plusnet are a better price and service than BT. YMMV

TalkTalk is best avoided unless you are a masochist.

The rest are much of a muchness these days.
Several are now BT with a different logo and paint job.

Bear in mind that BT is in the numbers game. If you have issues you will
simply be fobbed off onto an Indian call center where someowne will read
te numpty scriopt for you to follow.

The smaller ISPs cost a little more, but offer far better support.

yes, they all use openreach kit, but its your ISP who has to contact
them for line faults.

--
I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

Leo Tolstoy