Dick Smyth

Default Storing a large snowblower

My blower isn't that big but it's still an awkward sob. What I find helped
tremendously was removing the drift breakers. They don't really serve much
purpose and I have a dent in my car and in my garage door and a crack in my
house siding where they have accidentally collided. They come off by undoing
four bolts.
Another benefit is I now can up end the machine if I have to work on the
belts etc.
Simple matter to replace them if we get a six foot snow storm.
ds

"Ignoramus17685" wrote in message
I am restoring a military surplus snowblower. It is a big badass
Bolens 24 inch snowblower. It needs a new motor. Right now, I keep it
in a shed, but I think that when I actually use it, I would like to
keep it outside as it weighs more than me and is hard to get back into
the shed.

So, my thinking is to keep it covered by tarp outside, during snowy
part of the winter. The tarp will be held by rubber tiedowns. Will it
rust completely or is this a sound plan?

thanks