Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default topical diy

"harry" wrote in message
On 2018-12-18 5:34 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 18/12/2018 20:52, Rod Speed wrote:
Max Demian wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46604625

Why do Merkins allow their deliveries to be left on the doorstep?

Because they are stupid.

At least here they are chucked over a fence or bunged in a rubbish
bin.

Wouldnt want mine bunged in my rubbish bin.
Ours leave a card and you take that to the depot.

That's all right with Royal Mail, but a "courier" might have a depot
100 miles away.

Ours arent, they are the same distance as Australia Post away.

i have to go get my mail at the post office

I lived on a remote farm.
In winter (snow), you could ring up the sorting office
and they'd open your mail and read it out toy you.

Bit hard to read out a parcel over the phone.

So you are just another unwanted immigrant there.