Blake Patterson

Default Just got new external door - what kind of paint do I use on it?

Blake,

You worry too much ) . I've installed steel doors for customers, and have
gone back for further work a couple years later and the door still wasn't
painted. By _no_ means do I condone waiting this long, just showing as an
example the door won't fall off the hinges if you wait. If the door is
protected under an entry roof, I would wait till spring. If the door is
subject to direct weather elements, paint when the weather & temperature
permits.

My entire kitchen hangs out over the door - something like 8' of
overhang protecting it. So I guess I will wait for warmer weather...
It was expensive tho - $1,000 for install + custom door (It's a short
room - 6'4" ceiling, and a large glass window in door).

Sound ok? Thanks.

bp