Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Formula for teak oil

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:08:22 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

I always soak such rags etc in water before disposal but I'm curious if
anyone has ever seen it happen?

Yes. Rags left on melamine-coated chipboard outside, used to wipe up excess
linseed oil and a mix of linseed oil/white spirits.

Nothing left but a large black burnt spot one day later. Sun and a it being a
warm day probably contributed; it was maybe a double fistful of rags.

Soak them in water, burn them, seal them in a tin, but don't chuck them in the
workshop corner with the sawdust and planer chips, under the shelf with the
lacquer thinner.

Thomas Prufer