'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

Default Storing a large snowblower

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:02:15 -0600, Ignoramus17685
wrote:

I am restoring a military surplus snowblower. It is a big badass
Bolens 24 inch snowblower. It needs a new motor. Right now, I keep it
in a shed, but I think that when I actually use it, I would like to
keep it outside as it weighs more than me and is hard to get back into
the shed.

So, my thinking is to keep it covered by tarp outside, during snowy
part of the winter. The tarp will be held by rubber tiedowns. Will it
rust completely or is this a sound plan?

thanks

Sorry, that's not big. Big is my 7' wide truck mounted blower. It
gives good blower jobs. :-)

Seriously though, I keep lots of equipment stored that way. We
usually take a trash bag and cover the engine separately and then tarp
the whole unit.

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

www.sandpoint.net/captkirk