Dave C.

Default Storing a large snowblower

"Ignoramus17685" wrote in message
I am restoring a military surplus snowblower. It is a big badass
Bolens 24 inch snowblower. It needs a new motor. Right now, I keep it
in a shed, but I think that when I actually use it, I would like to
keep it outside as it weighs more than me and is hard to get back into
the shed.

So, my thinking is to keep it covered by tarp outside, during snowy
part of the winter. The tarp will be held by rubber tiedowns. Will it
rust completely or is this a sound plan?

thanks

Many people store cars that way. I don't see how it would hurt. I'd be
sure to have it sitting on something really solid though, like a cement
patio or something. I wouldn't just plop it on the grass and cover it.
Ideal would be to put it in a covered carport and THEN cover it with a
arp. -Dave