Bob Lauer

Default remove wallpaper that has been painted over?

My wife and I tried this approach on a bedroom and it almost ended the
relationship. It's very time intensive and messy. For the next room we went
to Home Depot and bought a wagner steamer for $50 bucks and finished the
house with much happier results. That was the best $50 bucks I ever spent
and without it there would still be plenty of the previous owners wall paper
throughout the house.

I would strongly suggest not using the chemicals and instead use a steamer.
If you don't want to buy one you can most likely rent one but I think you'll
spend the same money either way.

Bob

Go to the local Hope Depot or Wal-Mart and get what is called a Paper
Tiger. This scores the wallpaper and allows the water to get behind the
paper to dissolve the glue... Also, get one of the solutions designed
for wallpaper removal. They dissolve the glue much faster than water
does, and you really will need it to get all of the glue off the wall so
that paint will adhere properly.