Daniel L. Belton

Default remove wallpaper that has been painted over?

PhotoMan wrote:

A wet sponge is fine ONLY if the paint allows the moisture through to the
paper!

"SQLit" wrote in message

"TaraDanielle" wrote in message
.com...

Hi
I want to redo a room in my Cape Cod home. It has cheap white paint
over cheap light green paint over ugly wallpaper.

What is the easiest way to get it all down so I can paint it?

There are ugly lines showing through the paint, seams I guess. Half
of the rest of the house WAS done in paneling with no drywall behind
it. I fear finding that in this room too! The ugly lines are even on
the ceiling.

Tips? Steaming? A razor? Nu Wall over it? (worked very well on the
paneling upstairs)
THANKS
Tara

A sponge and a 4 inch putty knife. Sponge on get an area wet and then let
the water do its job. Takes a while but the stuff will come right off. Not
much clean up for painting either. I just removed 3 rooms from wallpaper
hell recently. Just do not let it dry out. I started at the top and worked
down. Better when it is warmer.

Go to the local Hope Depot or Wal-Mart and get what is called a Paper
Tiger. This scores the wallpaper and allows the water to get behind the
paper to dissolve the glue... Also, get one of the solutions designed
for wallpaper removal. They dissolve the glue much faster than water
does, and you really will need it to get all of the glue off the wall so
that paint will adhere properly.