John W

Default dewaterlogging water pressure tank

If you have an air compressor or portable air tank, it is very simple. Just
turn off the power to the pump, open a tap somewhere higher than the
pressure tank and pump air in until it starts to blow out the tap. The air
has now pushed all the water out of the tank.

Close the tap and restore power to the pump. When it clicks off, you're
good to go.

The whole process only takes a few minutes.

You may get some bubbles in the water for a while until the tank equalizes.

John

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
I got to try a new way of emptying a large waterlogged water pressure
tank.

There's no bladder, and I empty it just by opening the drain and letting
the water glug out, which takes about 24 hours after it falls to zero
net pressure.

Putting a twisty-tie end in the faucet sped that up to about 6 hours,
by shaping the glugs to more efficient large ones.

The new way, a drill pump sucking the water out, shortened it to a
half hour. On the other hand, you had to be present to do it.

After it goes to glugs, pump as much water out as you can (about a
minute of pumping); then undo the hose and let a huge suck of air
pull into the tank; then repeat the drill pumping. That makes it
drain in about half-gallon glugs, rather than dribbles.

So anyway, that idea worked, more or less. I have to do it once a year,
not a real problem.
--
Ron Hardin