Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Kristy Ogilvie Kristy Ogilvie is offline

Default Wrong thermostat in electric shower?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:09:02 -0000, Steve wrote:

wotsit Kristy Ogilvie sed...

I'm in the process of fitting a Triton electric shower, and was being nosy. I noticed it has a thermal cutout situated where the water leaves the heater unit, this: http://www.datasheet-pdf.info/entry/36TXE11

That cuts out at 105C (ouch!) and it's also switching 20 amps when it's rated at 10 amps, AND it only cuts off ONE of the two elements.

It does have another cutout on the other end of the heater unit, which cuts them both off.

1) Why have two cutouts?
2) Why overload the first one?
3) Why only cut off half the power?

Why have you morphed again?

Because it annoys me when someone replies to 5 points in my post, then at the end, after I've read and replied back, informs me they've killfiled me. Killfiling should just be done silently, instead of the childish behaviour of getting the last word in.