Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:55:34 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Fred Johnson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:33:13 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Fred Johnson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:13:29 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:30, Fred Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:24:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are
stupid".
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Change has to will and I'll believe you. Although I'd say the 1%
would
survive, which would be fun, we'd have more room without all the
morons.

Its normally the morons that survive, too stupid to kill themselves.

If something happened on earth that required intelligence to survive,
the
stupid would die off.

Yes, but that isnt possible, requiring intelligence to survive.
Even very stupid animals like chooks and sheep survived
and they aint exactly rocket science material.

Why do you think humans rule the earth

Because we are much smarter than all the other species.

Tho those damned cockroaches dispute that.

and loads of other species went extinct?

Mostly they ended up in evolutionary dead end.
Sometimes because they were good eating or
because we chose to kill them for their fur etc.