Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 02:49:47 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 23:47:54 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:51:16 -0000, Tim Streater

It doesn't cause any harm: it's in sealed containers.

Which never break over 100s of years when the company is bankrupt
and the
government has changed and a war broke out and there was an
earthquake,
yeah
right.

Under those circs the status of the underground repository is the
least
of your worries.

Rubbish. The war might not directly affect me, but the nuclear
fallout
would.

Why d'ye think I suggest the Marianna Trench? Cos down there 37,000
feet below sea level, it ain't gonna matter.

Yeah, bugger the sea life. Bugger all those who eat the radioactive
fish.

What fish would those be then, at 37,000 feet below sea level?

Is nuclear waste heavier than water then? And immune to currents?

Once it's been glassified and encased in steel/concrete it is. Which is
the SOP for it when it's put in an underground repository. Did ye think
they'd just send out a tanker and pump it over the side?

Even if it all escaped, it could just join the 4 billion tons of
uranium in the Earth's oceans. And that's just the uranium.

You may well be correct. Too much Greenpeace bull**** about.

But we do hear a lot about the trade of spent fuel and the problems of
no
country wanting it....

Some do in fact reprocess it and return everything to the source country.

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers (possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

Also that governments don't like it getting shipped internationally
because terrorists that's pronounced tourist in America) can nick it to
make dirty weapons.

No they can not. And its trivial to ensure that they can't knick it anyway.

Even banks get nicked from.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:24:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed.Â* So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid".Â* I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Change has to will and I'll believe you. Although I'd say the 1% would survive, which would be fun, we'd have more room without all the morons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

[...]

One of ours reported ours being moved to europe for reprocessing
and the return of all the result of the reprocessing to here, recently.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...emoved/9643428

Also that governments don't like it getting shipped internationally
because terrorists that's pronounced tourist in America) can nick it to
make dirty weapons.

No they can not. And its trivial to ensure that they can't knick it
anyway.

Even banks get nicked from.

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Change has to will and I'll believe you. Although I'd say the 1% would
survive, which would be fun, we'd have more room without all the morons.

Its normally the morons that survive, too stupid to kill themselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:13:29 +0000, The Natural IDIOT blathered again:

Agreed.* So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid".* I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Especially if one watches you two natural idiots! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:24:18 +0000, The Natural Idiot blathered again:

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

And the Scottish sow managed to get you to suck him off, ONCE MORE! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 04:20:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Not for too much longer for YOU though, you 85-year-old, stupid, lying,
senile cretin! BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 04:33:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Its normally the morons that survive, too stupid to kill themselves.

Yeah, and you two idiots are a case in point! LOL

--
Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 04:14:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH over a hundred lines of the two prize idiots' endless sick ****

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Change has to will and I'll believe you. Although I'd say the 1% would
survive, which would be fun, we'd have more room without all the morons.

Its normally the morons that survive, too stupid to kill themselves.

If something happened on earth that required intelligence to survive, the stupid would die off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Only with left wing governments.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid".
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

I am not sure it has.

Change has to will and I'll believe you. Although I'd say the 1% would
survive, which would be fun, we'd have more room without all the morons.

Its normally the morons that survive, too stupid to kill themselves.

If something happened on earth that required intelligence to survive, the
stupid would die off.

Yes, but that isnt possible, requiring intelligence to survive.
Even very stupid animals like chooks and sheep survived
and they aint exactly rocket science material.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Only with left wing governments.

That's completely silly. Lies and stupidity were trivially
survivable under the most rabid fascist government too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:57:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two abnormal prize idiots' latest absolutely idiotic drivel

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:55:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two abnormal blathering idiots' latest idiotic sick drivel

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Fred Johnson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:24:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid". I
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Only with left wing governments.

That's completely silly. Lies and stupidity were trivially
survivable under the most rabid fascist government too.

If you're stupid, you need assistance from the government to survive. Only left wing gives handouts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Fred Johnson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:13:29 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

Why do you think humans rule the earth and loads of other species went extinct?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

[...]

There you go, you don't want to deal with it yourself.

Also that governments don't like it getting shipped internationally
because terrorists that's pronounced tourist in America) can nick it to
make dirty weapons.

No they can not. And its trivial to ensure that they can't knick it
anyway.

Even banks get nicked from.

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

On 13/12/2018 15:19, Fred Johnson wrote:

I heard nobody wanted to do it anymore because of the dangers
(possibly in
transportation).

You heard wrong.

Then I guess all news channels are lying.

That is a very reasonable default assumption.

Agreed. So is "99% of people are liars", "99% of people are stupid".
sometimes wonder how the human race survives.

Lies and stupidity are trivially survivable.

Only with left wing governments.

That's completely silly. Lies and stupidity were trivially
survivable under the most rabid fascist government too.

If you're stupid, you need assistance from the government to survive.

Nope, even the most stupid can do burglary and be a drug dealer.

Only left wing gives handouts.

That's wrong too. The others call it charity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Because we are much smarter than all the other species.

Tho those damned cockroaches dispute that.

and loads of other species went extinct?

Mostly they ended up in evolutionary dead end.
Sometimes because they were good eating or
because we chose to kill them for their fur etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:16:44 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bruce Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:37:04 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:18:12 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Bruce
Farquhar
wrote:

[...]

Corse we do but we have so little of it that it makes
no sense to do it ourselves, it only makes sense to get
the frogs who have much more of it to do it for us.

Also that governments don't like it getting shipped internationally
because terrorists that's pronounced tourist in America) can nick it
make dirty weapons.

No they can not. And its trivial to ensure that they can't knick it
anyway.

Even banks get nicked from.

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly
irrelevant. What you may or may not claim to not believe in spades.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

Afterr plants, cats rule the world. Eny Fule kno that.

and loads of other species went
extinct?

Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man appeared.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:04:06 +0000, The Natural Idiot, the notorious
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

Yep, you troll-feeding seniles ALWAYS start sounding as idiotic after a
while as the trolls you keep feeding! "Think" about it, if your senile brain
still allows you to do so, Natural Idiot! tsk

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile BRIT Alert!

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:06:12 +0000, The Natural Idiot, the notorious
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

You always quickly detect the Scottish ****** to suck him quickly off again,
regardless behind which new nym he might currently be hiding, eh, The
Natural Idiot? I suppose you detect him by the taste of his cock! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:30:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Nope, even the most stupid can do burglary and be a drug dealer.

Well, could you, stupid?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:33:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Why do you think humans rule the earth

Because we are much smarter than all the other species.

Nope, that's because most humans are smarter than the sociopath drags of
humanity, like you and the Scottish ******, senile Rot!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:37:47 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH all the idiotic troll **** unread

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly
irrelevant. What you may or may not claim to not believe in spades.

So were, are and will be you! Especially in a few months/years time when you
will be pushing up daisies, you 85-year-old senile cretin!

--
Cursitor Doom about Rot Speed:
"I'm not the least surprised. The man is a conspicuous and unashamed
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

But I thought spent fuel was used for making weapons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:04:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

I agree on that, the "greenies" trying to stop us providing air for the plants to breathe is insane. What could possibly be wrong with bigger crops?

Afterr plants, cats rule the world. Eny Fule kno that.

Only if you let them. Mine do what they're told if they want fed. Cats are thick as **** and can't look after themselves, so they'd better be nice to me. For example I have two which try to drink water out of a tap when it's switched off. They can't turn it on themselves, and just lick it, get irritated, then sit silently waiting for me to turn it on for them, even though there's fresh water in a bowl I put down 2 minutes ago. I don't turn the tap on anymore, it's getting annoying when I forget to turn it off and it runs all night then wakes me up.

and loads of other species went extinct?

Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man appeared.

And at a much faster rate since we we here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

I agree on that, the "greenies" trying to stop us providing air for the
plants to breathe is insane.Â* What could possibly be wrong with bigger
crops?

Afterr plants, cats rule the world. Eny Fule kno that.

Only if you let them.Â* Mine do what they're told if they want fed.Â* Cats
are thick as **** and can't look after themselves, so they'd better be
nice to me.Â* For example I have two which try to drink water out of a
tap when it's switched off.Â* They can't turn it on themselves, and just
lick it, get irritated, then sit silently waiting for me to turn it on
for them, even though there's fresh water in a bowl I put down 2 minutes
ago.Â* I don't turn the tap on anymore, it's getting annoying when I
forget to turn it off and it runs all night then wakes me up.

and loads of other species went extinct?

Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man
appeared.

And at a much faster rate since we we here.

No. Not really. Asteroid strikes are a bit abrupt.

--
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the
gospel of envy.

Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Apart from natural disasters - as we were discussing inferior species going away, not being destroyed suddenly by something they have no power to be immune to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 14:28:48 +0000, The Natural Idiot, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man
appeared.

And at a much faster rate since we we here.

No. Not really. Asteroid strikes are a bit abrupt.

Yep, THAT's the kind of idiotic "discussion" on which the Scottish ******
and attention whore thrives, you senile troll-feeding Natural Idiot!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

But I thought spent fuel was used for making weapons.

Only in places like North Korea. In the first world they have
dedicated nukes to make whats used in bombs because
those do it much better than power generation nukes.

Its only the dregs of the world that can afford dedicated
nukes for producing whats used in bombs.