Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or 50-state sticker?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 20:47:55 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 20:12:11 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 22:15:10 -0000 (UTC), arlen
holder wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:35:26 -0500, micky wrote:

So it's simple. Marry the seller or the seller's daughter and divorce
her before or after the car is registered. Whichever works.

That's not the question, but to your point, all the "tricks" are he
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

The original thread on the topic is convoluted, but here's a pointer:
https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com/245eL00r/thanks-to-stupid-democrat-voters-kookifornia-proposes-to-tax-texting#post30

I never buy a new car. I have no idea what these stickers I hear about
say.

Hi micky,
The year of the car is irrelevant.
If you OWN a car, it has an emissions sticker.

It may have it but I don't think I have it. Where is it?

It just does.

It either says "California" on that sticker, or it does not.
That's the question.

It's really a very simple question.

Under the hood. On the bottom of the hood or on the rad support. Nice
big white and green label

I'll look. I know the sticker that shows how the hoses run. Don't
remember if it says California or not. My new used car was first sold
in Maryland. My previous one was first sold in South Carolina or maybe
Florida, and I finally sold it 2 weeks ago. Got 1000 dollars, plus the
buyer wasn't upset by anything that was wrong with it.