Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Static electricity to the eyeball?

On 12/14/2018 10:41 AM, Fred Johnson wrote:
Could static electricity to the eyeball cause lasting harm?* Normally
you just jump and swear with a static shock to your finger etc, but I've
found two instances on google of pain lasting a few days when someone
got a shock on their nose (one in a shop from a perfume bottle they were
smelling, and one from a blanket at home).* But what if it got your
eyeball?

A neighbor of mine got shocked by her landline phone when lightning
struck while I was talking to her on my phone. It turned out that the
phone line protective ground had been disconnected. She said that her
hearing was hyper-sensitive for weeks after that. Everything was way louder.