Reckless

Default Zanussi washer dryer problem

You cannot really expect Zanussi to honour a repair charge for something
that went wrong 12 months after the warranty expired?

I'm (so far) very happy with my Zanussi - a WDJ1660 - after 6 years and 5/6
(can't remember) expensive repair bills for my super whizzy Hotpoint
electronic washer dryer. It broke 1 month out of warranty, then a couple of
years later and again and again (all different problems) then it literally
destroyed itself. The entire set of mechanical parts within the machine were
replaced The final nail was the electronic programmer. Having spent the
last couple of years with a few programmes less than it should have, it just
gave up. The "5 year parts are free" warranty with Hotpoint had expired and
so I drove the machine to the tip Even though parts were free, the labour
charge was quite steep!

AEG always come out high in reliability but I personally couldn't justify 2*
the intial cost Bosch were also quoted as better than average. Zanussi
were quoted as not far different so I took a chance. The machine looks
great, has good energy ratings and is very quiet. So far a happy wash bunny!

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , shrubby
writes

I have an erratic problem with the dryer of a Zanussi WDJ1294. Mostly,
it switches off after one to two minutes, regardless of the timer
setting. It does sometimes operate properly however, that is, it dries
for the set period of time; this tends to happen when the drier hasn't
been used for a while.

I had the exact same problem with a Zanussi WDT1081. The fault appeared
when the machine was only two years old and Zanussi refused to
countenance a warranty repair. An engineer from a local repair shop I
called out said he thought it was the mechanical timer and quoted
£120+VAT to replace it.

So we bought a standalone tumble dryer and continued to use the washer
part of the machine (which still worked) for another 8 years - until
earlier this year, when it began stopping at random points during the
wash cycle and refusing to continue, sometimes sitting idle, sometimes
washing endlessly, sometimes pumping endlessly - until the timer was
manually clicked on.

At that point I called it a day and scrapped the machine. The
replacement was /not/ a Zanussi.