Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
AMuzi AMuzi is offline

Default Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or50-state sticker?

On 12/14/2018 4:15 PM, arlen holder wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:35:26 -0500, micky wrote:

So it's simple. Marry the seller or the seller's daughter and divorce
her before or after the car is registered. Whichever works.

That's not the question, but to your point, all the "tricks" are he
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

The original thread on the topic is convoluted, but here's a pointer:
https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com/245eL00r/thanks-to-stupid-democrat-voters-kookifornia-proposes-to-tax-texting#post30

I never buy a new car. I have no idea what these stickers I hear about
say.

Hi micky,
The year of the car is irrelevant.
If you OWN a car, it has an emissions sticker.
It just does.

It either says "California" on that sticker, or it does not.
That's the question.

It's really a very simple question.

None of my cars, all 1965 models, have anything like
emissions controls, compliance documents or what have you.
If you don't like their stupid rules, drive an exempt car.

Bonus: No chinese electronics, can't be cited for 'no seat
belt', entire wiring diagram is easily memorized, simple
tools and meatware cover 90% of service issues, many other
subtle advantages.

Or just jump right in and do it their way. You have a choice.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/