Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobH RobH is offline

Default What outdoor switch

On 13/12/2018 15:31, John Rumm wrote:
On 13/12/2018 15:11, RobH wrote:
On 13/12/2018 14:29, Andy Burns wrote:
RobH wrote:

Ok so what do I need to do now to get it working by the switch.
Plug in the orange/power cable, and hope for the best.

if the wires are re-connected as per your google drive photo, then
yes that should work, but we can't see everything from one photo.

You are there and (with it unplugged) can systematically trace the
continuity of the live then the neutral from plug via switch to LED
with your multimeter.

After tracing continuity on both neutral and live wires as far back as
possible, ie from end to end, when I plugged in the power cable and
put both lives into com again. The light came on, but was not
switchable, ie it was permanently on and could only be switched of at
the plug end

ok, both in the COM terminal was only intended to prove the light works.
Now move one of the wires from COM to the L2 / 2 way terminal. Light
should then switch ok.

Is that one of the live wires to L2 / 2 way terminal or one of the neutrals.
Just checking before I do it.