Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Recommendation For First Circular Saw

Clare Snyder writes:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:42:21 -0500, J. Clarke
wrote:

What kind of saber saw do you have? My Bosch has no trouble going
through 1x6 lignum vitae.

What kind of blade do you use cutting rough 2X ironwood? And how
long does it take to cut a 4 incher? What about cutting 45 degree
cuts? Or better yet double 45s? 45 degrees across the board and 45
degrees through the board? With a sabre saw?

You're not answering the question. What sabre saws (brand, model)
have you actually tried with?

I concur on the accuracy, power and usefulness of the Bosch, and
believe that would be the best power saw of the three for DadiOH
to give to his daughter (which was the point of this thread).

Who likely will never need to cut 2x ironwood or a 4 incher.