AJScott

Default how to remove the old blade from a used circular saw?

In article
.rogers.com,
"Sam Kaan" wrote:

Hi just bought a used Craftsman circular saw.

Model: 315.108400
11AMP
7.25 inch blade type.

Anyway, trying to remove the old blade from the saw, and so I am using that
wrench
socket thing that came with the saw to try and unbolt that bolt and the
whole blade just keeps spining.

Is there a trick to locking that blade down so you can use the wrench to
loosen the nut and remove the old blade?

Or did I just bought myself an unusable saw?

Hold down the saw blade from spinning with your thumb or hand as you use
that Allen wrench (that's what that "wrench socket thing" is called;
turn it in a counterclockwise direction) to unbolt the blade. It should
loosen right nice. If the bolt housing keeps spinning when you do this,
you have an unusable saw.

Make sure you do this with the saw unplugged, too -- just in case.

AJS