zxcvbob

Default how to remove the old blade from a used circular saw?

Sam Kaan wrote:
Hi just bought a used Craftsman circular saw.

Model: 315.108400
11AMP
7.25 inch blade type.

Anyway, trying to remove the old blade from the saw, and so I am using that
wrench
socket thing that came with the saw to try and unbolt that bolt and the
whole blade just keeps spining.

Is there a trick to locking that blade down so you can use the wrench to
loosen the nut and remove the old blade?

Or did I just bought myself an unusable saw?

Put a piece of wood or stout plastic in the blade and rotate it around
until it jambs against the shoe when you rotate counterclockwise.

BTW, if try loosening it both clockwise and counterclockwise, just in case
the bolt has leftie threads.

Best regards,
Bob