Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Recommendation For First Circular Saw

Christmas is coming. I'm considering buying a circular saw for my daughter.
She's 26.

Other than a drill, this will be her first real power tool. I have a Porter
Cable 743 left blade which I love. I'd buy her the same saw but it's no longer
available, other than used. Same for the 843 which I believe is the same saw
but with a brake. Same issue with PC 424 MAG, another saw in that same line.
(I think).

So, if I can't get what I'm familiar with, I'm looking for suggestions for
decent left blade circular saw. A brake would be great.

No, she is not going to start framing houses, at least not right away. ;-)
All I know really know is that she wants to start doing some woodworking
and was wondering what type of "first saw" she should get. She also
mentioned cutting up some pallets to make a compost bin.

Any thoughts? Thanks!