Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How many cubic metres of concrete?

"ARW" wrote in message
On 08/12/2018 11:48, Fredxx wrote:
On 08/12/2018 11:11, ARW wrote:
We had four 60x60x6cm holes to fill in to support the new charging posts
at a HART ambulance station.

Now I expected to be asked if I still had my cement mixer and told to
call in at Jewsons get the bits I needed to fill the holes. A 6 to 1 mix
should do it.

Instead office boy orders 3 cubic meters of concrete to be delivered to
site.

I call at Jewsons and get 200 rubble sacks for the Russian labourer to
fill with unused concrete that was dumped in the car park.

Perhaps the office boy was questioning your hole being only 6cm deep?

What was wrong with a dry mix?

What's wrong with a cement mixer and a hose pipe?

More work than a mini mixer truck delivery.