Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fire extinguishers: smoke, fire, and kitchens

In article ,
Jethro_uk writes:
Many years ago, the oil-fired heater my Dad had in the workshop had a
cutoff valve that was held open by a soldered joint that was strung over
the combustion chamber feed. Above the temperature to melt solder, the
joint would "pop" and the valve close.

One brand of these was Kingston Fire Cable - I remember them strung
across the boiler room when I was at school.

Given that I can find no reference whatsoever on google, I presume
these were long gone before the Internet.

--
Andrew Gabriel