Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Standard Alkaline Batteries vs "Premium" Alkaline Batteries

On Tue, 04 Dec 2018 11:48:35 -0500, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 08:59:11 -0500, EE Sparks
wrote:

On 12/3/18 3:50 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I'm wondering if it's worth paying more for the "premium" alkalines or
just go with the lower priced standard alkalines?

**** leaky alkalines!

I just use Panasonic Eneloops or lithium-ions in all devices and
recharge when necessary.

A bit of a problem when "when necessary" is exactly when you need
them.
Haven't tried Enerloops but when the power goes out and the device
runs out of battery a spare set of Alkalines or Lithiums (not
rechargeable) can "save the day". Otherthan for remotes, just about
anything I have that needs batteries is an "emergency use" item and
recharging batteries when they are needed is a disqualifier.

You only have to keep spares. Besides 8 fully charged on two chargers, I keep another 20
or so charged ones in a plastic container. They hold a charge well.
I always wait until there's a good price on them before buying, but I haven't bought any in
a couple years.