HeatMan

Default Looking for Heat Exchanger/Reclaimer for Furnace Stack

"Mark & Mary Ann Weiss" wrote in message

This is indeed the product I am looking for. However, when I click on
details for the product there is an application error and something

about
the item number not being published. I'm going to peruse their main

page
and
see if they have a contact address. Also I can search on the product

name
on
Google. Thanks for the lead.

That might be that in the day and age of the new code, those have been
deemed illegal in most areas.

Just as information.

Hmmm, that seems to run counter to the general push to be more
environmentally and energy-friendly.
Illegal in most of the USA perhaps? If not all the USA, why would they
bother advertising it on a web site? The price of $115 looked good. I was
going to order one, when the site shot back some kind of server error.

I'm just jumping in where CBHVAC has already started.

One of the problems I see with the contraption on the website is that it
cools the flue/chimney down. You say good, I say bad. If the flue cools
down enough, it could cause the water vapor in the flue gases (especially if
this is on a gas appliance) to condense. The water that condenses will have
a high pH and that could cause even an aluminum flue pipe to corrode away.

If it's used on a wood burner, I think it would be a little better, but that
chimney better be inspected and cleaned 2-3 times a year.