Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default tee hee

On 02/12/2018 19:13, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:31:43 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jMmTiNnZE

Animals. Not funny at all.

What is horrifying is the two guys on the pavement who don't seem to
react in any way, either to go to the help of the man who was run over
or to make any comment (for or against) to the driver/passenger. They
probably see that sort of thing every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU&t=18s

My mum had an aunt who lived in Cape Town. She was white, of typical
English origin. She was a lovely old lady, which made it all the more
horrible to hear the way she talked about "the blecks" (she had acquired
a Sarth Efrican accent) who she talked about as if they were a different
species, an under-class whose role on this earth was to be servants to
the whites. She only died a few years ago, so this was recent attitude,
not pre-Mandela, pre Ian Smith in Rhodesia era. My mum and she had to
agree to disagree about whether apartheid was a good or a bad thing.
What I found hard to take was the way that she could be telling a story
and I'd think "yes, I know what you mean, I agree with you" and then a
little racist aside would be slipped in without any self-consciousness:
it was so deeply ingrained into her life that she probably wasn't aware
of it.

Apart from the date of the original video,it seems to have escaped your
attention that all people in it don't need to use fake tan.

Perhaps Auntie had more of a grasp on the real "bleck" in Africa than
you ever will?