Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Best Image Posting Site

On 12/1/2018 2:59 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
Just Wondering writes:

I'm getting 10 years of binary archives (going back
to 2008) on usenet-news.

That got my attention, but going to usenet-news.com tells me they
don't do usenet anymore. What site are you dealing with?

Have you had actual experience with
giganews binary retention?

I have. They are pretty solid to the 3-year they advertise, but
hit and miss before that. Several years back, they announced they
were expanding the retention. I expected things from them foreward
would show up. Maybe some did. The "old DVD" groups seem to be
mostly just 3 years.

Take a look at Astraweb.com I switched to them a year or three back and
have just now renewed and purchased a 25GB block of downloads for $10
that is non-expiring. Excellent servers in multiple countries.
Retention as good as anything that I've seen elsewhere. All binary groups.

Not a shill, no "commission" to me for the referral. Just sharing an
excellent feed for dirt cheap.