Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Electric outlets

posted for all of us...

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 05:53:05 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 8:46:42 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/28/18 7:14 AM, Janette thompson wrote:
all my electric outlets are upside down ,why is that

There's no such thing as downside up or upside down. Your
electrician just
felt like doing them that way. The only thing that might matter a bit
is if he was
consistent.

If there's no such thing as upside down, rather odd that in all the
houses I've been in here in NJ, I can't recall seeing one that was
installed with the ground pin up. I agree there is no code reqt as
to orientation, but the common and accepted practice, at least here
and all the places around the country I've visited, is with the ground
pin down. I would call ones with the ground pin up, upside down.

When I see one opposite of the rest, I assume it is on a switch.

Aw come on, do not bring any sense to this never ending discussion.

--
Tekkie