Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default what is the size of this PVC pipe?

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 9:50:17 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 11/27/2018 12:39 AM, Oumati Asami wrote:
There is a PVC drain on the floor of the laundry room. I inserted a 1
1/2" pipe in it but the hole is slightly larger. I think it is about
1/8" larger. Its OD is slightly larger than the OD of a 1 1/2" pipe
coupling. There is no PVC pipe whose size is between 1 1/2" and 2". You
either have 1 1/2" pipe or you have 2" pipe. There is no 1 3/4" PVC pipe
and it would be too large if there were such a pipe.

So, what is the size of this drain?

Perhaps somebody mixed in CPVC tubing-dimensioned material instead???

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/cts-cpvc-tube-dimensions-d_1664.html

Where is this located geographically?

Can you post a picture or two with tape measure in appropriate location
for visualization?

--

Or maybe more likely the "drain" isn't just the end of a PVC pipe but
some drain attached to the pipe, in which case it could be any size opening.