Andrew Gabriel

Default Tool for digging grooves in walls

In article ,
PoP writes:
Replying to the email address given by my news reader
will result in your own email address being instantly
added to my anti-spam database! If you really want to
contact me try changing the prefix in the given email
address to my newsgroup posting name.....

I've hired both a small one (Bosch) and a large one (don't
recall what make). Both cut really quickly and easily.
The large one was quite the most terrifying tool I've ever
used. Also, it's size meant it couldn't get as near to corners.
The larger one generated brick dust at about 10 times the
speed any domestic vacuum could suck it up. They did have
a cyclone vacuum cleaner to go with it (looked like a 4' tall
dustbin), but I didn't hire that. A Dyson could cope with the
dust from the Bosch, but you'll need to wash the filter every
few times you empty out the brick dust. Bagged cleaners won't
work with the volume of fine brick dust.

Some rental rates depend on wear on the cutting discs, so
depending what you are cutting through, you might want to
check that out.

--
Andrew Gabriel