Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Why do people have garden gates?

Likewise here, just laziness. There is a busy regular bus route along
the road, at the end of my street. A good half mile of that is
occupied by large detached and semi- detached houses, these share a
long access road at the rear and a have large-ish rear gardens with
garages and parking built on them. Do they use the rear to park, not
likely...

They park out front, usually in a continuous row of near 1/2 mile of
parked vehicles, causing absolute chaos for traffic. Cars usually
manage to somehow get through, but buses really struggle. I have even
regularly seen them incredibly park on both sides of the road, making
it a real struggle for buses, sometimes impossible.

But do the planners try to accept that people like to park out front? No!