Posted to alt.home.repair
Bruce Farquhar Bruce Farquhar is offline

Default Why do people have garden gates?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:38:45 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:03:20 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:02:04 -0000, Thomas wrote:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

Not here. We do have gates with almost all pools
and even a gate doesn't stop the worst of them.

I was talking about locks,

That one is locked. All pool fence gates have to be.

I didn't know you lived in lawyer filled America.

and on things that cannot be scaled,

That little monkey shows that they all can be.

like a front door to a house.

Bet that wont stop that one when get gets older.

It stops them wandering in for a laugh. Won't stop burglars though, nothing does.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...c3ffcbfea4a0bd

That's the kid's problem.

No problem for him.

And their parents for not simply teaching them to swim.

No point in his case, there was no pool yet.

Everyone should learn to swim, it's a very useful ability. Sensible people teach their babies to swim, it's easier at that age. Then you know there will never be a problem if your kid falls into something.

Pools here don't generally have fences.

Only because there are **** all pools there.

Those that are don't have fences, we aren't as pessimistic as you lot.

Fly into Sydney, you will see that most have them here.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-33..../data=!3m1!1e3

Kids can either swim or aren't stupid enough to go into a pool when they
can't.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

If you have kids that go into a pool when they can't swim, they need removing from the gene er.... pool anyway.