Posted to alt.home.repair
Bruce Farquhar Bruce Farquhar is offline

Default Why do people have garden gates?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:20:55 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:42:39 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:56:31 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 22:47:57 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They clearly don't stop burglars
as you just hop over it or open it.
They put the gates there to make mental midgets go to usenet asking
stupid questions.

They really annoy people like postmen, opening and closing 1000 of them a
day.

None of ours do. They zoom up on their motorbikes and stuff
the letters into the letterbox which is never inside the gate.
http://www.skillsone.com.au/vidgallery/the-posties-run/
watch at 3:30

How is it I knew he was Australian as soon as I saw him?

If he did that here some moronic pig would do him for motorbiking on the pavement.

I guess Australia is like America, being larger per head of population, so you all tend to have larger front gardens. I really couldn't be bothered going to collect my mail instead of having it come into my front door.